Legend has it that long ago, the most infamous villains were imprisoned on the Isle of the Lost, cut off from the rest of the world as a punishment for their misdeeds. In this dark and dreary place, the likes of Maleficent, Jafar, Cruella de Vil and the Evil Queen reside and evil reigns supreme. Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos are their descendants, the teenaged sons and daughters of the Isle’s most villainous characters, and they are coming of age on the Isle of the Lost.
- There is a Council of Sidekicks, consisting of the 7 Dwarves, Cinderella's mice friends, Pongo and Perdita, Ariel's sisters and Flounder, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather and the Genie.
- Paris, Tarzan's jungle, Pocahontas' land, the Jungle Book jungle and Kuzco's kingdom are suggested to be part of Auradon.
- London is mentioned by Carlos, which would have served as the original home of his mother and Professor Rattigan
- Hell Hall is suggested to have already existed on the island, or was rebuilt per Cruella's request.
- The food, make-up and clothing sold on the island are leftovers from the United States of Auradon. The inhabitants prefer spoiled and unhealthy food, believing proper food would make them soft.
- The powerful wizard Yen Sid was sent to the island by King Beast to teach the villains how to adapt to using science instead of magic, being one of the teachers in Dragon Hall.
- The Forbidden Fortress is in the barrier, since Maleficent's staff was too dangerous to be kept in Aurdadon.
- When Mal was considering an evil scheme for her class assignment, she never considered quite possibly the worst one - taking a life; this could be a sign of her inner goodness.
- Other villains mentioned or hinted at are Captain Hook, Ursula, Dr, Facilier, Mother Gothel, Lady Tremaine and her daughters, Clayton, Madame Mim, Ratcliffe, Gaston, Professor Rattigan and Judge Frollo.